Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Dear Santa Part I

Here's No Impact Man's Letter to Santa: http://noimpactman.typepad.com/blog/2007/11/the-no-impact-d.html

I'm going to write a Dear Santa letter of my own, if I get around to it. I meant to make my Thanksgiving list; there are SO many people to thank, and so many things to be grateful for that it could take a long, long time. I still want to do it, because I find that gratitude is the antidote to despair, hopelessness, restlessness, impatience, and general malaise. I need a dose of that medicine after this week.

So... this is my reminder to myself to get to this if I can, and if not, an invitation to ya'll to consider your own Santa Letters.

I sorta want to put in a link to Sarah Silverman singing "Give the Jew Girl Toys," but it's quite a departure from my intent for this post. There's room for totally tasteless but subversively insightful humor elsewhere. Remind me to put that on my Gratitude List.

No comments: