Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Just enough is more

Wednesday: I went to my first out-patient physical therapy session this morning, and later visited my neurosurgeon's physician's assistant. She was concerned that the swelling and fluid build-up hadn't gone down in the six weeks since surgery, so she had one of the neurosurgeons come to look at it (my doctor was in surgery). They are slightly concerned about this; it's not a crisis, especially since I'm not having those horrendous spinal headaches anymore, but I'm still weak and in pain. I'll go back soon to see my own surgeon so we can see what's next.

Perhaps more MRIs and myelograms, perhaps even surgery... though no one said that word today.

I guess I'll just keep plugging away.

As a total departure, CJL recommended this essay by Milton Glaser: Ten Things I Have Learned (Part of AIGA Talk in London, November 22, 2001)
http://www.miltonglaser.com/pages/milton/essays/es3.html

I can dig the mantra --- "just enough is more."

She also directed me towards a film, "The Lives of Others." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lives_of_Others I'll add it to the Netflix queue...

No comments: