Sunday, February 17, 2008

Technology and Books

This was the very first thing I EVER watched on YouTube, which was another one of those techie weird things that other people talked about but that I thought was just another way for people to spend time that I certainly didn't have for things like that. Funny what happens when you get too sick to work and your kids are taken away and you find yourself habitually spending hours on the same pasttimes you looked upon with, if not disdain, then some amount of fear. It's true I'm a web designer and one of my job titles is actually Technology Liaison, but I'm pretty much a Luddite. I get dragged into things like email and YouTube and Blogging pretty late. There's a more current and more accurate term for that: late adapter. [editor's note: Oops, I meant ADOPTER, per the technology adoption lifecycle, and if I'm precise about my place on that bell curve, I guess I'm not quite a Laggard, but definitely not on the front line. But maybe that's changing. And yes, I'm citing Wikipedia because this is a casual forum so we all must be left to our own devices if we follow links to learn more about what we're reading, no? I trust that my readers have opportunities to practice their critical thinking skills, and that I shouldn't have to go on this unexpected rant about disclaimers, etc. Who knows where that came from. And how about my little slip--late adapter? Hmmm...]

Anyway, here it is, the video that made me say, Hmmm. What exactly IS this YouTube thing? You can see why I would enjoy it so much. It's particularly cool that the creators are Norwegian... this is one reason why I cited Danish as the language I would most like to acquire for reading. The Danish language has a huge influence on Norwegian, so there you go. This would be even funnier if we understood the original language.

No comments: