Friday, February 22, 2008

Productivity and other matters

I've been thinking a little bit about productivity lately... I'm not sure if it's a sign that I'm getting better, or if it's a symptom that needs to be treated.

I've also been Blogsploring, taking a little hyperlink trip around the Blogosphere. I ran into this guy: thedailysaint: Personal productivity with a spiritual twist.

I found him via this little piece on the ideal workday, and I also found Thursday Brom via a piece on setting deadlines. I had to follow up on her because of her name... she reminds me of my favorite Literary Detective, Thursday Next, who came into being thanks to Jasper Fforde, who totally amazes me and makes me laugh... and I feel like I'm part of the In Club when I read his books-- one payoff for being a voracious reader.

It's amazing what I end up finding when I am procrastinating on my own freelance project; now that I'm so physically limited, I can't go out and move rocks in the driveway or dig around in the garden or scrape white scale off the pool tiles or take Q-tips and clean around the moulding all over the house. I'm a little bit disgusted by my internet wanderings, because they keep me on the computer so I don't really feel rested and ready to return for Real Work. But it seems that the only other alternative has been to sleep, curled up with my hot pad. Maybe that's the better choice.

Anyway... off to my real job now. It's been nice to add more completely unuseful crap to the proliferation that exists out there in hyperspace...

No comments: