Thursday, November 15, 2007

On rape, to put it bluntly

This is a YouTube clip by a video blogger called Kicesie. She does regular programs called "Advanced Sex Ed." I find her charming, educated, and courageous--and she generally cites her sources.

The following is a link to one powerful episode: To My Terrorist: on rape
or otherwise found at this URL:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekr_msIte_o&NR=1

I won't embed it. If you want to seek it out, please do so. This comes with a warning that it is difficult to watch. Therefore, I don't want anyone to come upon this without being prepared for it.

This is the first in a series of posts that are leading to my own "coming out" about some of my own difficult history. Sometimes hearing the stories of others can help us heal and face our own stories. That is my motivation for sharing, when I eventually do, and I suspect that has been part of Kicesie's motivation in her courageous and articulate video posting.

It's going to take me a while, so the more salacious readers may be disappointed. Those of you who know me very well may already know what I'm talking about. This sharing of stories is one step in a very long process of personal healing.

May we all be well.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you, you brave thing.
Hey, when I stop hacking up a lung we're going to get together with you, but I'm not well, and I'm on immuno-suppressant thingys right now.
Blah.
H