Monday, January 28, 2008

Holistic Healing Retreat? Any referrals?

This is an excerpt from an email to my life-sustaining friend... I decided to post it here in case anyone can make referrals...

The antibiotic I am taking seems to have caused a fungal infection. My body is so out of balance that any change sends one or another of my systems crashing. This happens every time. I guess I should be glad it's not C Diff again... But I have to be on my guard for those symptoms so I can run to my doctor for early intervention. Having had it, I'm extremely susceptible to it. They said that about giardia, too... I wonder if my early travels into the wilds and the intestinal price I paid has any connection.

I am under so much stress that I wonder if years of my life are being taken away. I hate that thought. I want to live comfortably to an old age. I'm aiming for 106. Why not?

I watched a documentary film called It Was a Wonderful Life, about middle-class women who ended up homeless, sometimes living in cars with their children. I cried and cried as Jodie Foster narrated the sad account of the lives of several women. Many of them fell into misfortune after divorce and abandonment by their husbands. For various reasons, they could not prevail in court or elsewhere in a system designed to make fathers pay child support. One man in a suit described how some men will spend $20,000.00 to avoid paying $10,000.00 in support (that may be an incorrect quote--but you get my drift). Boy, does that sound familiar to me right now.

I think I need to go on some kind of holistic medical retreat where I can be fed on a diet that will build up my immunity and create floral balance in my guts and the rest of my body, where I can really REST, where I can have intensive psychological counseling and twice-daily body work sessions and cleanse my body in clear healing waters. I want to get away and have that kind of healing experience to help me recover from the latest medical interventions and legal stressors and all the rest of the problems that have been piling up on my over the last few years.

Do you think there is such a place? I want an individualized program and extreme luxury. What a dream. Think Blue Cross Blue Shield would pay for that? Good food, physical therapy, counseling, body work, meditation, yoga, hot springs, linen sheets, lavender eye covers, aromatherapy, no phones, no bother from the outside world... just me and my healing experience. If I could, I'd create it at home, but I can't seem to escape the pressures of my existence.

I'm beginning to think that I should post this on my blog. Maybe someone out there knows of some such place.

No comments: