Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Another little sumthin' about kisses

Here's a fragment of a thought about kisses... I'm grateful to have driven home tonight with my hand over my mouth the whole time to preserve the warmth of a sweet kiss. I wish I could keep it forever.

I kiss my children on cheeks and foreheads "for now," and give them a flurry of kisses on each palm "for later... so you'll never run out of kisses." They know they can put their hands on their cheeks to apply a mama kiss... I've seen them do it, so I know it works.

I wish I could keep tonight's kisses in my fingertips to reexperience them whenever I want them, all night, all week, all year...

1 comment:

VA Belles said...

This was a nice post. The lass kisses my palm so I will have her kisses always. They are never in short supply. I wonder how long that will last.